Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Do you have adrenal fatigue?

What are some signs and symptoms of Adrenal Fatigue that I should look for?


1) Tendency to gain weight and unable to loose it, especially around the waist.
2) Tendency to tremble when under pressure
3) Reduced sex drive
4) Increased frequency of getting g the flu and other respiratory illnesses, and these symptoms seem to linger on.
5) Lightheaded when arising from a laying down position when getting up in the morning
6) Increasing forgetfulness
7) Lack of energy in the morning, especially upon awakening.
8) Lack of energy in the afternoon between three and 5 pm, and a "second wind" around 9 or 10 in the evening.
9) Need coffee and stimulants to get going in the morning
10) Crave for salty, fatty, and high protein food such as cheese and meat.
11) Intermittent pain in upper back or neck for no apparent reason.
12) Difficulties getting up in the morning, which often requires numerous "snooze alarms"
13) Increased symptoms of PMS for women.


Are there any other signs and symptoms?

Yes, there are more and it is understandable that adrenal insufficiency might be either written off by the patient and or the doctor as just "normal". Nevertheless, it definitely is not normal, nor is it healthy or productive.
1) Mild depression
2) Food and inhalant allergies
3) Lethargy and lack of energy increased effort to perform daily tasks
4) Decreased ability to handle additional stress
5) Dry and thin skin
6) Low blood sugar
7) Low body temperature
8) Nervousness
9) Palpitations
10) Unexplained hair loss
11) Gastric reflux or nausea with eating

2 comments:

Just Say Goo said...

oh YES, check check check, this has been me! I hit the wall daily around 4 pm and then crave coffee, then I work until late but really get some energy around 9-10 pm. Fortunately I do not have any flu-like symptoms but all the rest of them certainly do sound like what I have been struggling with for many years. I am so grateful you were able to put DHEA in my bio identical cream and I know it will work its magic on the symptoms that have been plaguing me.

Blue Odysseys said...

oh wow does this describe me to a "T" and I am so grateful I am using the hydrocortisone and Adrenal Complex to rebuild my adrenals. The first day I took the hydrocortisone as you prescribed, I was able to get through the entire day without taking a nap! At all! My energy does feel like it is being restored!