Wednesday, November 5, 2008

What are symptoms of stress?

Certainly become enraged about something that occurred to you is a form of stress, that will increase your blood pressure and heart rate. However, I would like to focus on issues of more of a long-term or chronic basis, which stress your adrenals and may progress to adrenal fatigue. In adults, fatigue and lethargy are two of the most common complaints of adrenal fatigue. One of the most important questions I asked is: How do you feel in the morning? Often patients with adrenal fatigue are exhausted after a seemingly good night of sleep. The require hours after initial awakening to be able to start on the normal tasks of a day. One man told me that he did okay in the morning….. after eight cups of coffee. These are key patient comments that make me think about adrenal insufficiency. Other symptoms may include tiredness, fearfulness, allergies, frequent flu symptoms, arthritis, anxiety, depression, reduced memory and concentration, insomnia, and the inability to lose weight after extensive efforts.

2 comments:

Just Say Goo said...

I know I have been dealing with adrenal insufficiency for a long time now but it is getting better with the DHEA Dr Robert Carlson prescribed for me. I used to need an afternoon nap every day for about 20 minutes around 3:30 - 4:30 pm and then wake up craving or needing coffee to get me through the rest of the day. Now that I am getting better sleep and have my stress manageable and being supplemented I am starting to feel much better.

CYBERDATEDANGER said...

Since Dr Robert Carlson prescribed some adrenal support for me I feel better than I have in years! I am able to get through the day without falling asleep at my desk or having to take a daily afternoon nap. Adrenal fatigue is a real epidemic in our world today and if we live a life of high stress our adrenals will surely take the hit for it. I am so glad Dr. Carlson was able to diagnose this for me after I spent over a year going to so many other doctors with no answers at all. I finally have energy!